In this topic, I will show you how to overcome FaceTime not working on macOS Mojave with several reliable tips that you can try. If you are struggling with some problems with FaceTime, this post will be very useful for you. So, why not dive into and find a way solve these problems.
Restart Your Mac
This probably the most simple method for fixing these issues. To do so, you just need to click on Restart from the Apple Menu. Once your device is completely restarted, check out if FaceTime works properly or not.
Make Sure You Use Right Apple Id
To do so, you can access the link www.appleid.apple.com. You should reset the password if you forgot it.
Switch off and Switch on the Facetime
FaceTime app sometimes works perfectly when you reset it. You can do it by heading over FaceTime and select Preferences. Afterward, disable FaceTime and then enable it.
Make Sure Date & Time is Right
If the issue still persists. It’s time to check the Date and Time.
To do so, navigate to the Apple menu and select System Preferences, click on Date & Time and select Set date and time automatically. Also, click the Time Zone to make sure time settings are right.
In Case Your Camera and Microphone Does Not Work
The problems occasionally come from other factors like Camera and Microphone. So, make sure that they work properly before using FaceTime. You test your Camera and Microphone using other apps like Skype, etc.
Fix Connection and Call Quality
Another element may affect directly the quality of your call in FaceTime is Internet Connection. Hence, make sure that you a good Wi-Fi connection and quit other apps which have potential to slow your connection.
Change the DNS Settings of Mac
- This is one of the effective ways to fix the problem. To do so, you can
- Go to the Apple menu → System Preferences
- Then, click on Network
- Next, select the WiFI network and click on Advanced
- Afterward, open DNS
- Later on, click on the plus sign and add Google DNS
- Finally, type in 8.4.4 and 18.104.22.168 and hit Apply to confirm the changes made.
Start Mac in Safe Mode and Check the Spotlight
- You can do this by pressing and hold the power button to shut down your Mac.
- Then start your Mac and immediately Press and hold the Shift key as soon as the start-up sound is heard.
- After that, release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo.
- Then, Safe Boot appears on the macOS Mojave start-up screen.
Create Another Account on Mac
- First, head over the Apple menu, select System Preferences and then click on Users & Groups.
- Then click on the lock icon to unlock it, put your administrator name and password.
- Next up, now click on Add or Plus icon to create a new account.
- Afterward, hit the New Account pop-up menu and then choose a type of user i.e. * Administrator or Standard user and put all the necessary details and Click on Create User.
- Finally, check the FaceTime.
Perform Clean Installation of macOS Mojave from USB flash drive
If the problem is not gone even you perform all the solutions above. You should operate a clean installation of macOS Mojave from USB flash drive. However, keep in mind that you will lose all data on your Mac. You can find out how to do it at the link How to create a bootable installer for macOS .
Indeed, there are many different factors that have the potential to trigger some issues on the FaceTime app on your macOS. I hope by doing the explained method, you can overcome those problems and enjoy your time while using macOS.