If opening the Camera right from Lockscreen of your iPhone or iPad running iOS 12, iOS 11 or earlier is not necessary for you anymore, you can follow the simple resort in this topic to deactivate the unwanted access to Camera on your iOS device.
How to Remove Camera from Lockscreen in iOS 12 or Later
- Step 1. First, go to Settings app on your iOS device → Tap on Screen Time.
- Step 2 . Next, go to Content & Privacy Restrictions. Now, If you had activated passcode for Screen Time, you need to enter it.
- Step 3 . Turn on the switch next to Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Step 4 . Then, hit Allowed Apps.
- Step 5 . Finally, turn off the switch next to Camera . Then, quit the Settings.
How to Disable the Camera Access from the Lock screen in iOS 11 or Earlier
In order to stop Camera access from the Lockscreen of your iPhone, ensure that you have enabled Restrictions on your device
- Step 1. Open Settings app on your iPhone → Tap on General .
- Step 2. Next, tap on Restrictions → Enter your Restrictions passcode.
- Step 3. Finally, toggle the switch next to the Camera.
Now, the camera won’t be accessed from the Lock screen. Just in case you desire to activate it again, go to Settings → General → Restrictions → Enter passcode and turn on the switch next to the camera.