Specific Instruction to Downgrade MacOS Mojave Safely

Specific Instruction to Downgrade MacOS Mojave Safely

Here we show step by step with screenshots How to Downgrade MacOS 10.14 Mojave back to High Sierra without loosing Data.

I was not happy at all with the new MacOS Mojave installed on my MacBook Pro – Mid 2014. This new MacOS 10.14 would be improved much in the forth-coming updates since it does slow down my Mac now. Below is how I downgraded Mojave and stay along with the previous version, High Sierra. My Data was not lost since I got a back-up with Time Machine Backup already.

Downgrade MacOS Mojave – How?
Step 1: Backup your Mac.
There are several ways to get a Backup for your current Data safe. You may want to take a look here.

Step 2: Prepare a new installation tool of High Sierra.
It’s pretty simple and easy to create an bootable USB of High Sierra installation.

Step 4: Install a New-Clear MacOS High Sierra

• Plugin the Bootable USB of High Sierra installation made from step 1 into the Mac.
  • Restart your Mac (click on Apple icon > Restart )
  • Hold the Option key while rebooting to get to Startup Disk Option .
  • Choose the Bootable High Sierra Installation Disk, and then start install the High Sierra into your Mac.
    1542605423897-high-serra-startup-disk
  • It then will takes about 30 minutes to finish the whole installation processes.

Step 5: Restore Data and Setting from the Backup of the Previous High Sierra using Time Machine Backup

From the new-fresh MacOS High Sierra screen, restart your Mac. Keep hold down Command+R to go to Recover Mode > Select Restore from Time Machine Backup in the OS X Utilities selector.

• Click on Continue > Choose your Backup source for where the Time Machine backup is stored
  • Continue > Choose the most recent macOS High Sierra backup > Continue

You then will get all Data Back after Downgrading from Mojave to High Sierra.