Not all of the wifi card types can be used on Hackintosh PC because the Apple’s original driver only supports some chipset models from the 2 famous producers named Atheros and Broadcom. Let suppose that you own a wifi card with chipset that MacOS supports, but you only can use it after having patch and setting up kext.
How to know if your laptop is compatible to Hackintosh
Firstly, open Device Manager in your Windows
1. With assembled wifi card in your laptop
- STOP if the producer company is: Intel, Ralink, Realtek, Mediatek . There is no kext for these types of card.
- At the Broadcom brand, card details include these lines 94322hm8l, 943224, 943225, 94352z, 94360, your laptop can use them.
- For Atheros brand, use the belows:
92xx, 9380 (mini Pci-e) .
9462, 9485, 9565 (M2, quite selective for driver).
- For Dell: your laptop can use these following: 1506, 1510, 1515, 1550, 1601, 1702, 1703, 1705, 1707, 1802, 1830, 1901.
2. With wifi card plug through USB
- Realtek 8188, 8192 can support quite good in macOS, stunning software interface.
- Mediatek supports model: 7610, 7612, 3070, 3573, 5370, 5572 … However, software looks not stunning and there will be conflict with laptop at the next operating.
Based on my personal experiences, I would suggest some cards you should use on your Hackintosh PC
1. wifi card Mini Pci-e
Wifi n standard , supporting 2 bands (2.4 - 5Ghz).
Use for HP Elitebook line core i 2xxx (as 8460p) without hack bios.
Wifi n standard, band 2,4 Ghz
Easy set up of Driver, supporting much versions of macOS (from 10.6 to 10.13)
2. Wifi Card M2 (NGFF)
Wifi AC standard, backward compatibale to n standard transmitter. (2.4 – 5 Ghz).
Bluetooth 4.0 (BCM20702)
Patch supporting full Airdrop, Handoff in macOS
Atheros 9565 (QCNFA335)
Wifi n standard band 2,4 Ghz.
Bluetooth 4.0 (do not run in macOs)
3. wifi Card chân Pci-e x1 (for PC)
iMac Late 2012’s wifi card, so absolutely compatible to macOS
4 antennas:3 wifi antennas, 1 bluetooth antenna.
Wifi n standard, 2 bands (2,4 – 5 Ghz)
Card transitioning mini Pci-e to Pci-e x1 (with USB plugging in bluetooth)
4, Usb Bluetooth
USB Bluetooth 4.0 supporting windows, macOS
Hope that you will find a suitable wifi card for your Hackintosh.