Need to download Canon LBP2900 driver for OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi
I have just upgraded to El Capitan from Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. My Canon LBP2900 is not working due to missing the right Driver compatible with El Capitan. Are there any solutions or available download links to make it work?

0 Likes

Canon LBP2900 make me sick every time new OS X update comes. We would make the current driver compatible with Yosemite work right away in El Capitan if Canon pay us ^^.
Right now, we would suggest using a virtualization software such as Parallels Desktop 11 to run a Windows (xp, 7, 8 or 10) inside OS X 10.11.

0 Likes

This 100% works.

How to update driver of Canon LBP 2900 to make it work on Mac OS X El Capitan?
I got solution to fix this problem. Following are the procedures to get Canon LBP 2900 to work with Mac OS X El Capitan.

• Remove completely all your available Canon LBP 2900 printer in Printers & Scanners settings (System Preferences > Printers & Scanners).
  • Restart your Laptop
  • Download and install Canon LBP 2900’s CAPT Printer Driver Version 3.85
  • Reboot your Mac one more time.
  • Next, download and install the Canon LBP 2900 Patcher, and then restart your Mac OS X.
  • You know can connect the printer machine through USB cable to your Mac, go to Printers & Scanners setting to add the Canon LBP 2900 Printer (remember to select the right driver).
  • Done!
    This tip does work on me without any problems.
1 Like

I was looking for Canon LBP 2900 driver for El Capitan too. Your method works right away.
Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,
I have downloaded CAPT Driver but i am unable to down load the patcher can u help me out in using my idle printer
Thank u
nassir

0 Likes

Hey Nassir,

check out the following Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8657014/Driver/LBP2900/MAC/Yosemite/Canon%20LBP2900%20patcher.dmg

it worked fine for me

0 Likes

Dear Mr. Nassir,

I could solve the problem of working Canon LBP 2900 driver for OS X 10.11 El Captian from your help
and after the installation of the patch the printer has started working.

Thank you,
R S H Raju

0 Likes

For some reason my mac does not show the software LBP 2900 despite following the instruction you had given

0 Likes

You are much welcome!

0 Likes