I have just upgraded to El Capitan from Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. My Canon LBP2900 is not working due to missing the right Driver compatible with El Capitan. Are there any solutions or available download links to make it work?
Canon LBP2900 make me sick every time new OS X update comes. We would make the current driver compatible with Yosemite work right away in El Capitan if Canon pay us ^^.
Right now, we would suggest using a virtualization software such as Parallels Desktop 11 to run a Windows (xp, 7, 8 or 10) inside OS X 10.11.
This 100% works.
How to update driver of Canon LBP 2900 to make it work on Mac OS X El Capitan?
I got solution to fix this problem. Following are the procedures to get Canon LBP 2900 to work with Mac OS X El Capitan.
- Remove completely all your available Canon LBP 2900 printer in Printers & Scanners settings (System Preferences > Printers & Scanners).
- Restart your Laptop
- Download and install Canon LBP 2900’s CAPT Printer Driver Version 3.85
- Reboot your Mac one more time.
- Next, download and install the Canon LBP 2900 Patcher, and then restart your Mac OS X.
- You know can connect the printer machine through USB cable to your Mac, go to Printers & Scanners setting to add the Canon LBP 2900 Printer (remember to select the right driver).
This tip does work on me without any problems.
I was looking for Canon LBP 2900 driver for El Capitan too. Your method works right away.
I have downloaded CAPT Driver but i am unable to down load the patcher can u help me out in using my idle printer
check out the following Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8657014/Driver/LBP2900/MAC/Yosemite/Canon%20LBP2900%20patcher.dmg
it worked fine for me
Dear Mr. Nassir,
I could solve the problem of working Canon LBP 2900 driver for OS X 10.11 El Captian from your help
and after the installation of the patch the printer has started working.
R S H Raju
For some reason my mac does not show the software LBP 2900 despite following the instruction you had given
You are much welcome!