In today’s post, I will share with you a simple way to Install VMware Tool in macOS High Sierra and Enter Full-Screen Mode on New macOS on VMware.
It’s is possible now to enjoy the macOS Mojave or High Sierra even if you don’t have a Mac. Many PC Windows users are able to experience macOS via VMware in VirtualBox. You may want to take a look on our other shared:
- Tutorial to install new MacOS Mojave into VMware and Virtual Box.
However, this visualization software is operated just like any other apps in Windows. Therefore, you may not use the macOS operating system in full-screen mode. This tutorial will help you to activate this mode via VMware Tool to have a better experience.
Install VMware Tool in macOS High Sierra and new Mojave
Before we can go further, you need to download the VMware virtualization software to create a new virtual machine and install your preferred macOS in it. Then in order to enter the full-screen mode, you will need to download the VMware tool. Download it and save in a folder you can easily open.
VM Tool (New): Download Link
Step 1. First off, launch the VMware Player workstation and select the macOS High Sierra or macOS Mojave virtual machine. Click on “play virtual machine” to operate the virtual machine.
Step 2. Now, Access the configuration of the virtual machine by heading over "Player" → removable devices. Select the first option : ”CD/DVD (SATA)”. Afterward, Click on “Settings”.
- Step 3. In the CD/DVD tab, uncheck the button next to “Connect at power on” in the device status section. . Then in the connection section, click on the radio button next to “Use ISO image file” and then browse.
Navigate to "VM Tool.iso" disk image and click open. In the device status section, check the box next to “Connected”. Click on “OK”. A VMware Tools box will pop up.
- Step 4. Click on “Install VMware tools”. By doing that, we will start the VMware tools installer. Follow the instruction and the installation will be completed. You may be asked to enter your username and password before installation starts.
There will be a warning about the program adding a system extension shows up.
In this case, head over "Open Security Preferences" and then click on “allow” for the extension to be generated.
- Step 5. Once the installation process is completed, you will need to reboot the virtual machine. Then click on “Restart” and let the macOS finish the job.
- Step 6. After that, you will receive a notification about a program tried to run a system extension. You can click on “Open Security Preferences” and click "Allow" from Software from VMware.
Click "Open Security Preferences"
Click "Allow" System Software from developer VMware
- Step 7. Reinstall VMware Tool
It is necessary to reinstall Vmware Tool then you will be asked to reboot the VM
Reinstall VMware Tools
Step 8. Several icons will appear at the top of your screen. Be patient and wait for about 3 minutes then hit the button that looks like a screen representing ** full-screen mode.** Then the macOS will be operated in full screen.
- Disable HiDPI resolution (disable Auto Scaling): Open VMX file then paste this code gui.applyHostDisplayScalingToGuest = "FALSE"
You have just successfully activated the full-screen mode for macOS running via Vmware. Now macOS Mojave is working with 128 MB VRAM. It is awesome when users can have two operating systems simultaneously through a Virtual Box, I hope the explained instruction will help you have a better experience.