Homebrew seems to best method install a number of Linux applications and open source software into macOS Mojave 10.14.
Installing Homebrew on macOS Mojave 10.14
The following instruction works on MacOS High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan , and Yosemite.
Launch Terminal (Found under /Application/Utilities/)
Enter the following command line to install Homebrew
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
- Apples Xcode command line tools will be automatically installed.
- And then, Homebrew is installed properly
You may want to know the following basic command lines to get used Homebrew on Mac:
- Need help
- To check issues with the installations
- How to search apps?
- To install app
brew install <application-name>
- To check all apps installed
- To uninstall (remove) apps
brew remove <application-name>
- How to upgrade Homebrew?
HomeBrew is a great package manager for the one who needs.