In this topic, I am going to show you the way to Wirelessly Share Files Between Mac and Windows PC. In some cases, we desire to share or transfer files between Mac and PC. You might not know that the files can be shared between your Mac and PC through a wireless method. It is actually not necessary to use a third-party app to open your shared folders.
How to Transfer Files between macOS and Windows Computer Wirelessly
Notice : Make sure that both of your Mac and Windows PC are connected to a homogeneous network.
- Step 1. Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Step 2. Next, hit Sharing .
- Step 3. Afterward, Check the box next to File Sharing .
- Then, choose Options…
- Step 4. In the next step, you need to check box for the user account you desire to share with a Windows computer.
Once you get it done, type your Mac password and click on Done.
- Step 5. Later on, hit option key and click on Wi-Fi icon. Now, write down the IP address .
- Step 6. Next, you need to press Windows+R on your PC to quickly access Run. Now, enter “\” followed by the IP Address you have just wrote down. Then, click on OK.
Once you get the job done, enter your Mac account and password .
Sharing files from PC to Mac is not as difficult as you thought, right?
How to Share Files from PC to Mac Wirelessly
Notice : Be sure your Windows PC and Mac are connected to a homogeneous network.
- Step 1. First off, launch the “Command Prompt” on your PC and type “ipconfig” .
- Step 2. Then, have a look at the value next to “IPv4 Address” . It’s the internal IP Address of your computer. You can note it down.
Step 3. Up next, launch Finder on your Mac.
Then, press and hold “Command + K” . Then, enter “smb://” and the IP Address of your PC. Then, hit the Enter.
Step 4. Next up, you have to enter your username and password of the Windows PC.
Step 5. In this step, Select Users and then click on OK.
Once you get it done, you will be able to the access to the Shared folders on your macOS device.
That’s it! You have just Wirelessly Share Files Between Mac and Windows PC successfully.