The following words will explain 2 methods to Fix macOS Mojave Screen Resolution on VirtualBox. After installing your macOS operating system, the primary consideration should definitely be screen resolution adjustment. Whatever your macOS operating system is, just follow These approaches because they will work for macOS Mojave, High Sierra or even Sierra.
Fix macOS Mojave Screen Resolution on VirtualBox
Indeed, this method works for macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan or older version of macOS but you can only change the following screen resolutions.
In this case, I want to change the resolution from 1024×768 to 1440×900 as an example.
- Step 1. Conduct your installed macOS Mojave on VirtualBox and verify the current and default screen resolution. After that turn off your VirtualBox VM and close all VirtualBox tabs.
- Step 2. Now, you can download the macOS Mojave Screen Resolution VirtualBox Code from the link below.
- Step 3. In the next step, replace and edit the code that is named as “ VM Name ” to your macOS Mojave virtual machine name .
- Step 4. Next, select the resolution of your screen monitor from the list below, to choose one just clean N and type the number of that resolution size instead of N .
- Step 5. Afterward, launch Command Prompt (CMD) by pressing Windows button + X and then clicking on Command Prompt (Admin) .
- Step 6. Later on, select the VirtualBox path by the change directory command, then copy & paste the change directory command to Command Prompt(CMD) and press enter.
- Step 7. After that, copy & paste the fix screen resolution command to Command Prompt ( CMD ) then hit enter.
Notice: Ensure that you have selected a fix resolution for your monitor screen and choose the amount of N . Once you get copying the code to VirtualBox done, close all tabs.
- Step 8. Next up, launch the installed macOS Mojave virtual machine from VirtualBox.
- Step 9. Eventually, access your account and check out the screen resolution if it worked or not.
The following resolutions have been tested and work with this method.
It’s worth noting that this solution does not work with all resolutions. Hence, if you decide to use the resolution aforementioned, follow the instruction below to get it done.
- Step 1. First off, Download this Virtualbox screen resolution code for macOS Mojave or High Sierra from the link below.
- Step 2. Once you get it done, launch the code with Notepad and modify the text “Type Your VM Name Here” to your macOS Mojave Virtual machine name .
- Step 3. Then, at the end of the script, enter your own screen resolution instead of HxV .
- Step 4. Next, start the command prompt by pressing Windows button + X then click on Command PNextpt (Admin).
- Step 5. Now, you need select VirtualBox path by using “change directory” command, so copy & paste it to Command Prompt (CMD) then press enter.
- Step 6. Next up, copy & paste the fix screen resolution code to Command Prompt (CMD) then hit enter.
- Step 7. That’s it, now you can use the macOS Virtual Machine to check if it worked or not.
- Step 8. Head over About This Mac then click on Displays next to overview tab to check it.