The following topic will reveal a detailed method to Create macOS Mohave, High Sierra, Sierra and any MacOS X versions - Bootable USB Installer on Windows 10.
These days, USB has become a very popular device which allows you to store your data for easy transfer. Furthermore, another useful function that a USB device can provide is performing an operating systems installation. If you desire to set up and experience macOS on your PC running Windows 10 and you have no idea how to create a Bootable USB, this topic is definitely what you have been looking for.
Notice: The instruction below will help you to create specifically a Bootable USB installer on Windows 10. If you are making an effort to generate this kind of USB on your Mac computer, the process probably has the potential to ruin your current boot files. Hence, please be careful if you don’t want any problems with your Mac.
Create macOS High Sierra Bootable USB Installer on Windows 10
- Step 1. First off, you need to prepare a bootable MacOS image and TransMac.
Check out the download links below:
+, Download Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger - bootable images (.ISO or DMG) from this topic: Download all MacOS X 10.4 - 10.14 original
+, TransMac: Download
- Step 2. Next up, it’s time to Install TransMac just by launching it’s setup.exe and clicking next several times.
- Step 3. Now, Right-click on TransMac icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Step 4. After that, Right-click on your USB then select Format Disk for Mac.
- Step 5. Up next, Make sure that you already have the backup of your essential data before going ahead because it will erase all items contained in your USB. Then, click OK.
- Step 6. After that, right-click on the USB one more time and select Restore with Disk Image.
- Step 7. Later on, click on 3 dots icon to browse and select macOS DMG.
- Step 8. Afterward, choose the bootable MacOS image such as macOS High Sierra DMG that you downloaded from the link above and click Open.
- Step 9. Now, it’s time to Wait for a few minutes for TransMac to write the DMG to USB, the duration depends on the performance of your PC.
- Step 10. In the last step, once the process is finished, your USB Installer is ready to use.
That’s it! You have just successfully created a Bootable USB which allows you to install macOS on Window 10. I hope that you will find the instruction aforementioned is helpful.