This topic will present a useful method to Add/Remove Custom Lock Screen Message on Mac. Establishing a message or text on the locked screen is a super useful function of Mac owing to the fact that it allows the previous user to leave something essential for the next user using the same Mac. If you are struggling to find a way to do that, this topic is what you are looking for.
How to Add a Custom Message to Mac Lock Screen
- Step 1. In the first step, hit Apple icon and then select System Preferences from the Menu.
- Step 2. Next up, go to Security & Privacy from the first row of options.
- Step 3. On the General tab, hit the lock icon from the bottom. If you have set up a locked screen password, you need to enter the password to be able to make changes.
- Step 4. Then, tap on the checkbox which says: Show a message when the screen is locked. Now, click on “ Set Lock Message .”
- Step 5. Finally, You can now type a message which will be visualized on the lock screen. Once you get your message done, click on OK button.
Now you can leave the window to check whether or not the message appears on the locked Mac screen.
Whenever you desire to remove or change the text, redo the above steps.
This feature is an awesome function to help two users working with the same device are able to communicate handily without direct contact.