Hackintosh compatible hardwares: When installing macOS on PCs, you may be confused about how to build a best hardware configuration that fits your budget. Today, we would like to suggest some Hackintosh PC configurations (motherboard, CPU, Memory, VGA,…) at your choices.
Basic Rules on Choosing the compatible hardwares for your Hackintosh PC.
CPU: Skylake (6xxx), Kabylake (7xxx), Coffelake (9xxx and 8xxx) are all compatible with the latest MacOS 10.15. The 6xxx and 7xxx lines are on special offers. You should buy a new one if it has a good price. In case you want to experience new technology, then i3 8100 is a perfect choice with a cheap cost (it is as fast as i5 7500 of Kaby Lake line)
Mainboard: All the H, B, Z lines are compatible. Especially now Intel releases 3 cheap main lines: H310, B360, and H370. When installing, be aware to use kext USBInjectAll together with XHCI-300-series-injector, so that USB is able to fully recognize. Besides, some engine use LAN Intel card which may not be supported (for more detail, see kext IntelMausi). For people who do not intend to buy separate graphics cards, they should carefully check mainboard and screen which must have at least 3 ports (DVI-D, HDMI, Display Port), the VGA one is not supported with onboard card.
Ram: 8GB is enough, and 16GB and higher would be great.
VGA: For easy installation, you should choose nVidia Pascal (10xx) card. The AMD RX4xx, RX5xx line is also supported now, but with a little bit much more difficult during installation.
- SSD SATA: Just choose whatever you want. 120 Gb is basically enough for MacOS experiences.
- SSD NVME: For so much better performances, You should use SSD Samsung (PM961, SM961, 960 Pro) as Samsung produces OEM chip for Apple Inc. SSD Intel (especially the 600p type) has an affordable price but it much depends on Intel Storage driver. Therefore, it does not function really well on macOS.
Wifi card: For the best macOS experiences on your PC, you should pay for a high-quality wifi card of Apple to use Airdrop. Bluetooth, Handoff smoothly. We have another topic to recommend some Wifi Cards here: [Recommended] What are the best Wifi Card for Hackintosh PC
The cheapest Hardware system for a Hackintosh PC (around $300)
As we mentioned above, Intel now has released many cheap mainboards for many different options. For the cheapest option, we can choose Coffee-lake which is compatible with 10.12.6 and higher macOS version.
Main Board: Asrock H310M-HDV ($58)
Power Supply: EVGA 750 N1, 750W, 2 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-N1-0750-L1 ($54)
MacOS installation on PC with medium prices (around $450)
At this price, we can choose better options such as B360, H370 with higher quality components than that of H310. Besides, we can upgrade to i7 non-K if wanted. For SSD, we should choose the 240GB or higher storage options to run smoothly both 2 operating systems. For a better experience, you can choose the 8GB RAM option which is compatible with 10.12.6 and higher macOS version.
- Mainboard: Asrock B360M Pro4
- CPU: Intel Core i5 8500 3.0Ghz / 6 Cores, 6 Threads (Coffee Lake)
- Ram: DDRAM 4 SILICON POWER 4GB/2400 UDIMM
- SSD: SSD WD Green 240GB Sata3 2.5″
MacOS installation on PC with higher prices (around $900)
Obviously, you should not miss Coffee-lake CPU with multi-core CPU, suitable high single-core ones if your work is not about rendering (code, Photoshop, Ai, game,…). As graphics cards are rather expensive now, it is suggested you choose a 1050ti one. SSD Samsung Evo, which is compatible with 10.12.6 and higher macOS version, is undoubtedly well known today.
- Mainboard: MSI Z370 A PRO
- CPU: CPU Intel Core i5 8600K 3.6Ghz Turbo Up to 4.3Ghz / 9MB / 6 Cores, 6 Threads / Socket 1151 v2 (Coffee Lake )
- Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 Bus 2400 MHz
- SSD: SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SATA3 6Gb/s 2.5″ ( Đọc 550MB/s, Ghi 520MB/s)
- VGA: Inno3D GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Twin X2 4Gb GDDR5
We hope you can choose the best option for your macOS installation on PC. In case you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact us!