Guide to build a reasonable Hackintosh PC with specific budgets you want (April - 2019 update)

Guide to build a reasonable Hackintosh PC with specific budgets you want (April - 2019 update)

When installing macOS on PCs, you may be confused about how to build a best hardware configuration that fits your budget. Today, we would like to suggest some Hackintosh PC configurations at your choices.

Select the suitable hardware for macOS installation on PC

• CPU: Skylake (6xxx), Kabylake (7xxx), Coffelake (8xxx) are both compatible with the latest 10.13.4 macOS version. The 6xxx and 7xxx lines are on special offers. You should buy a new one if it has a good price. In case you want to experience new technology, then i3 8100 is a perfect choice with a reasonable cost (it is as fast as i5 7500 of Kaby Lake line)

• Mainboard: All the H, B, Z lines are compatible. Especially now Intel releases 3 cheap main lines: H310, B360, and H370. When installing, be aware to use kext USBInjectAll together with XHCI-300-series-injector, so that USB is able to fully recognize. Besides, some engine use LAN Intel card which may not be supported (for more detail, see kext IntelMausi). For people who do not intend to buy separate graphics cards, they should carefully check mainboard and screen which must have at least 3 ports (DVI-D, HDMI, Display Port), the VGA one is not supported with onboard card.

• Ram: For a basic office demand, a 4GB RAM will do good. Or an 8GB and 16GB for higher demand. With a mainboard with 2 RAM slots, you should buy just one stick. While with that with 4 RAM slots, you should buy 2 sticks to upgrade the memory for future needs.

• VGA: For easy installation, it is advised that you choose nVidia Pascal (10xx) card. Pick a suitable option that fits your demand, like you can buy a used card as the present price of a new one is rather expensive. The AMD RX4xx, RX5xx line is also supported now, but with much difficult installation.

• SSD:

• SSD SATA : As this line is easy to install, you can choose many options. Select a 120GB SSD in case you use only macOS, a 240GB or higher storage ones for parallel installation. You should buy in trusted stores, especially remember to avoid Kingston as it is usual to come across fakes here.
    • SSD NVME: You should use SSD Samsung (PM961, SM961, 960 Pro) as Samsung produces OEM chip for Apple Inc. SSD Intel (especially the 600p type) has an affordable price but it much depends on Intel Storage driver. Therefore, it does not function really well on macOS.
  • Wifi card: For the best macOS experience on your PC, you should invest in a high-quality wifi card of Apple to use Airdrop. Bluetooth, Handoff smoothly.

The cheapest option for macOS installation on PC (around $300)

As we mentioned above, Intel now has released many cheap mainboards for many different options. For the cheapest option, we can choose Coffee-lake which is compatible with 10.12.6 and higher macOS version.

• Main Board: Asrock H310M-HDV
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 3.6Ghz / 4 Cores, 4 Threads (Coffee Lake )
  • RAM: DDRAM 4 SILICON POWER 4GB/2400 UDIMM
  • HDD: HDD Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm, Sata3 32M

MacOS installation on PC with medium prices (around $450)

At this price, we can choose better options such as B360, H370 with higher quality components than that of H310. Besides, we can upgrade to i7 non-K if wanted. For SSD, we should choose the 240GB or higher storage options to run smoothly both 2 operating systems. For a better experience, you can choose the 8GB RAM option which is compatible with 10.12.6 and higher macOS version.

• Mainboard: Asrock B360M Pro4
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 8500 3.0Ghz / 6 Cores, 6 Threads (Coffee Lake)
  • Ram: DDRAM 4 SILICON POWER 4GB/2400 UDIMM
  • SSD: SSD WD Green 240GB Sata3 2.5″

MacOS installation on PC with higher prices (around $900)

Obviously, you should not miss Coffee-lake CPU with multi-core CPU, suitable high single-core ones if your work is not about rendering (code, Photoshop, Ai, game,…). As graphics cards are rather expensive now, it is suggested you choose a 1050ti one. SSD Samsung Evo, which is compatible with 10.12.6 and higher macOS version, is undoubtedly well known today.

• Mainboard: MSI Z370 A PRO
  • CPU: CPU Intel Core i5 8600K 3.6Ghz Turbo Up to 4.3Ghz / 9MB / 6 Cores, 6 Threads / Socket 1151 v2 (Coffee Lake )
  • Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 Bus 2400 MHz
  • SSD: SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SATA3 6Gb/s 2.5″ ( Đọc 550MB/s, Ghi 520MB/s)
  • VGA: Inno3D GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Twin X2 4Gb GDDR5

We hope you can choose the best option for your macOS installation on PC. In case you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact us!