iPhone users should not meet the iCloud Automatic Backups in iOS. By utilizing this function, iPhone, iPad and even iPod Touch will regularly backup to iCloud when they are connected to internet. However, too many users have been facing the error of “the last backup could not be completed”. How to fix?
We would suggest the 3 following solutions.
- Change to better WiFi network and make sure you are not using VPN or External DNS server.
- Force restart the device then attempt to backup again
Press and Hold down Home + Power button simultaneously until the device reboots if-self and the Apple logo appears. Get your iPhone or iPad is connected a WiFi network. Then Settings > iCloud > Backup > and attempt “Back Up Now”.
This should work
- If the solutions above does not help, just remove completely old iCloud Backups, then Reset Network Settings.
- Settings —> iCloud —> Storage —> Manage Storage —> delete the old iCloud backups.
- Settings —> Reset —> Reset Network Settings
- iCloud > Backup > and attempt “Back Up Now”.