Excellent iPhone Tips of security best practices

Excellent iPhone Tips of security best practices

Here’s my list of best practices to secure your iPhone as much as possible.

Settings> Control Center > Access on Lock Screen
It’s good practice to turn this off, otherwise someone would be able to enable Airplane Mode on a lost/stolen phone, which would disable Find My iPhone.

Settings> General > Siri > Raise to Speak
Enabling this means you simply need to hold your unlocked phone up to your face to use Siri.

Settings> General > Accessibility > Button Shapes
This is very helpful to enable, it gives you outlines on your buttons, making them easier to see.

Settings> General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast
Settings> General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion
Enabling both of these makes the on-screen text slightly more pronounced, and it disables animations and the Parallax effect, which can help save battery life.

Settings> General > Accessibility > LED Flash for Alerts
This will blink the camera flash a few times when you have on-screen notifications, making them easier to identify. It’s worth noting, it can also inadvertently make people think you’re taking a picture of them when you get a text message.

Settings> General > Usage > Battery Percentage
Enabling this will display the battery percentage right next the battery icon in the upper right.

Settings> General > Restrictions
It’s highly advisable to enable Restrictions, it’s better explained a few items down.

Settings> General > Restrictions > Require Password
Setting this to 15 minutes will mean a passcode will be required to modify certain system services, such as Find My iPhone.

Settings> General > Restrictions > Location Services
With a password requirement in place, it’s also good practice to select Don’t Allow Changes. If there was wide open access, someone would be able to turn off Find My iPhone.

Settings> Passcode
On a mobile device which contains so much of your personal data, NOT having a passcode is just asking for trouble.

Settings> Passcode > Erase Data
Enabling this options means your phone will be completely wiped should someone attempt to enter the wrong pin 10 consecutive times.

Settings> Privacy > Location Services > Find My iPhone > Status Bar Icon
Disable this option. If you’re phone is lost/stolen, and you’re tracking it, it’s better not to advertise it.

Settings> Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Diagnostics &Usage
Disabling this will cut down on unnecessary network traffic. That said, this feature is used to send crash reports and error messages to Apple, it’s up to you as to whether or not you want to send this type of data.

Settings> Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Location-Based iAds
Disabling this will cut down on unnecessary network traffic.

Settings> Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Popular Near Me
Disabling this will cut down on unnecessary network traffic. It does have some perks, though, such as showing you apps which are used by others in your area.

Settings> Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking
Enabling this will cut down on unnecessary network traffic.

A big thank to Patrick M. for above awesome tips.

pinned globally #2