In this topic, I will show you how to reactive your Touch ID. One day, your Touch ID on your MacBook Pro has stopped working unexpectedly and you have no idea to overcome this issue. Check out the simple method below to deal with it with ease.
How to Delete And Re-Add Your Touch ID Fingerprints on Mac
Step 1. In the first step, head over the Apple menu icon in the upper left corner of your Mac’s screen.
Step 2. Then, select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3. Afterward, hit the Touch ID preference pane.
- Step 4. Then, you can press and hold the fingerprint icon you want to remove. The X button will show up in the upper left corner, click on it.
- Step 5. In next step, you need to type your password .
- Step 6. Then, press Delete .
- Step 7. Finally, restart your notebook.
When you Mac has completely restarted, verify your fingerprint again by clicking on the Apple menu icon at the top left the corner of the screen → System Preferences → Touch ID preference pane. After that, go to Add a fingerprint .
Then use your finger to confirm if asked enter your user password .
Update Your Mac OS
You might don’t know that It is essential to check out te Mac software updates by launching App Store on your MacBook Pro. Then, hit Updates in the App Store toolbar and then hit the Update button to download and install any updates listed.